logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

fizzter
#1 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 3:45:33 PM(UTC)
fizzter

Groups: Citizen
Man
United States

Hi all,

Looks like the server is back in action today. Thanks for taking the time to pull backups and restore for everyone. I know sometimes it would be nice to just play instead of deal with drama!

This one was a pretty big one. Any chance of an official statement from the staff? I know the forums aren't the most popular place for the server regulars--they prefer to just be logged into the server itself! But, there have been all kinds of silly rumors floating around on there (some real doozies that make no sense from kids throwing around buzz words) and it would be great to get an official word.

Some of us have some involvement with other servers and would be interested to know if some sort of server security vulnerability had been exploited so that we may patch accordingly. :)

As always, we recognize that this is a server provided for free, with no entitlements, and appreciate it as it is.

Thanks!
dmhiston
#2 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:42:16 PM(UTC)
dmhiston

Groups: Citizen, Moderator
Man
Ireland

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fizzter Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Looks like the server is back in action today. Thanks for taking the time to pull backups and restore for everyone. I know sometimes it would be nice to just play instead of deal with drama!

This one was a pretty big one. Any chance of an official statement from the staff? I know the forums aren't the most popular place for the server regulars--they prefer to just be logged into the server itself! But, there have been all kinds of silly rumors floating around on there (some real doozies that make no sense from kids throwing around buzz words) and it would be great to get an official word.

Some of us have some involvement with other servers and would be interested to know if some sort of server security vulnerability had been exploited so that we may patch accordingly. :)

As always, we recognize that this is a server provided for free, with no entitlements, and appreciate it as it is.

Thanks!

Lost gave the hacker op so that he got bored and would go away which he did, so everything should be returning to normal now and hopefully he wont come back.
you are now arriving in the facinity adjacent to the location-Dmhiston
monkeynac...
#3 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:56:45 PM(UTC)
monkeynac

Groups: Citizen, Moderator

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fizzter Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Thanks!

No problem, the server is always backing up and you will rarely lose work! As dm said Lost gave the hacker operator as he asked for so he would leave.

Thank you for your lengthy and descriptive post!

Operator,
~Monkay aka monkeynac
fizzter
#4 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 8:49:41 PM(UTC)
fizzter

Groups: Citizen
Man
United States

Thanks for the update, gents.