logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

mlb_red28
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:28:31 AM(UTC)
mlb_red28

Groups: Citizen
United States

Hello Lostwave!

I just went to log onto your wonderful server when I noticed that it said I was banned. I had not been on the server ever since September 1st, 2012 and it said I was banned on September 8th, 2012. I have never griefed in my life, which I am happy to say, yet it says I griefed frederikshn's build. If you would take this into consideration, I believe that my account was hacked into by somebody, and griefed through the account. If you need evidence to show that I didn't grief, you can ask my friend grim112 (or something like that) and he will tell you that I did no grief frederikshn's build at /warp build. Finally, if this ban is removed, I will be very grateful to you and will make sure that my account can't be hacked (I don't know if that is possible) and will not hack/grief.

Thank you,
Redrocker10

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:08:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lord_South
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:16:54 PM(UTC)
Lord_South

Groups: Citizen, Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
All righty. Well, it's all up to Lost.. When mods like me go and ban people, we look at the dates that the two people (builder and griefer) interacted with the blocks that were interacted with. If the griefer broke the blocks a month or so after the builder went and built it, and the builder hasn't been on in a while, then we assume that the two people could not possibly have been working together. Then we ban the griefer, with HawkEye proof and screenshots, if they break enough blocks. If your account was hacked, well, realize that a lot of people say this. Or, they say that their little brother or some other random family member did it. This is not to say that you didn't get hacked, but it is a reason for which you might not get unbanned. Again, it isn't my decision, it's Lost's. You probably have a good chance of being unbanned but that isn't for me to say either.

And, on how to make your account harder to hack- Migrate your account. This can be done on the Minecraft.net website under the "profile" section. Also get a better password. A much better password, if yours is short or only has letters in it. That is all I can do for you as of right now. Thank you for being polite and [I hope] honest. It is appreciated.

monkeynac...
#3 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 1:41:03 PM(UTC)
monkeynac

Groups: Citizen, Moderator

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Very nice appeal. This is a good example for others who want to appeal and will be taken into consideration! Thanks

-monkeynac