logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

robertjas
#1 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 12:57:22 AM(UTC)
robertjas

Groups: Citizen
Man
Canada

There are somethings that are just very hard to prove on the server, especially at times when there are no mods on, I've been thinking of this recently if it would be a possibility for commands such as /mute or /jail to be given to ranks like OGs and Superbuilders, As you may know most incidents will happen when there are no moderators online, Here I am talking about things such as Griefing, PvP logging, hacking etc. I understand the possibility of these commands being abused so it could just be given to responsible/helpful people only but this is why I'm not suggesting /kick /ban commands. I've seen it a lot I'll be flying around the build looking for a place to build and there will be someone griefing, I know I can take screenshots and send them to a Moderator, Open a ticket or do something I know I'm not supposed to do and thats killing them. But while sending a screenshot to a mod is helpful or opening a ticket in the span of time from when the offence occurs to when a moderator is online to check and ban, the offender can just cause more damage and break even more rules, so the point of having a command such as jail would be to prevent them from doing any further harm, and then when a moderator comes on they can see that ticket/screenshot and handle the situation, I know theres /ignore for people who spam and advertise, but again I may be able to take screenshots and do that but what are they doing while that's going on?, Most likely continuing to break rules, that's when /mute may be effective. There also could be a rule or server message that is directed at people who have the commands saying something such as: "Abuse of commands/powers may lead to you being demoted/banned". PvP logging is especially annoying as it is very hard to prove and happens a lot, I can say "Please stop doing that, It is against the rules" but people will ignore prompts to stop, Here is an example of one of these scenarios: *flying around the build*, *Sees someone griefing*, *Tells to stop*, *Offender: Swears, or continues*, *Take Screenshot, Open Ticket*, *(Prevention from further mischief) *Jails offender for x minutes/hours*, *Mod comes on, bans the offender*. Hacking can be proven but some are difficult to prove, there are hackers out there that are very evasive. So, If this could be taken into consideration, I would much appreciate it. I will be honest, I certainly wouldn't think to abuse commands such as these, This is why I'm suggesting it only for more experienced ranks, people that have spent a considerable amount of time on the server, are responsible, helpful, maybe even an age limit if necessary. , Thank you for reading this.

Sincerely,

robertjas
OG: robertjas

NGOXL1
#2 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 8:18:31 AM(UTC)
NGOXL1

Groups: Moderator, Citizen
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Robert,

Yes, I definitely see the reasons for some ranks to get these commands. But the thing is about this IS the abusion that you talked about. People would abuse this on people that they just don't like, not people that are doing wrong. The whole point of moderators is there to be one on every hour minimum, and take screenshots etc. If anything, this should mean we get more Moderators, but then again, 11/12 is enough for now. Lost & FK will choose when we need new mods, and I expect most mods and probably both ops have ideas for next moderators, and in order. I know this, because I have discussed it with other moderators.

The main thing would be for Lost to check over this, for us mods cannot change anything in his mind about this (or at least I think so) because this is such a drastic offer.

If anything, we'd only give these commands to a few people we KNOW we can trust, only a few.

Cheers
- ~NGO
 1 user thanked NGOXL1 for this useful post.
robertjas on 7/7/2013(UTC)
robertjas
#3 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 8:27:08 AM(UTC)
robertjas

Man
Canada

I know thats why I also suggested maybe 1 out of the 2, and giving it to those people you know can handle them, But thats one of the main reasons I am not suggesting kicking or ban privileges.

Thanks for your input though :).

monkeynac...
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2013 1:00:01 PM(UTC)
monkeynac

Groups: Citizen, Moderator

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Robert, as these ideas are very intelligent and can be very helpful, they can also lead to a disaster. As you explained someone can abuse it which would most likely happen if ALL the OGs and SBs had these privileges. You are correct in that we can just give these commands to a select few, but wouldn't it make more sense to make those select few Moderators if we already trust them that much?

I hope this helped you.
-monkeynac
 1 user thanked monkeynac... for this useful post.
robertjas on 7/7/2013(UTC)
robertjas
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2013 6:12:23 PM(UTC)
robertjas

Man
Canada

I actually now agree with you monk, I see your point there. Someone could just go stupid with those commands and just punish random people for things they never even did, Yes it would make more sense just getting more moderators out of those people you would otherwise have given the commands.

Thanks for your input into this idea :D .

pasta345678
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:31:39 PM(UTC)
pasta345678

Man

I agree with ya Rob, it's a good idea but should only be given to select, responsible individuals, and monk, lost, FK and mods since I now have the /there command if someone is griefing can I /tphere them into lava? :P just wondering.
monkeynac...
#7 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 8:53:41 AM(UTC)
monkeynac

Groups: Citizen, Moderator

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Don't tp anyone into lava.